True Justice for All
The Cobb-LaMarche campaign joins with the Green Party's Lavender Caucus and all Greens in support of true justice for all. Therefore, we support full legal and political equality for all persons, regardless of sex, gender, or sexual orientation.
We specifically advocate for the rights of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, and Queer (LGBTIQ) people, as follows:
- The Cobb-LaMarche campaign supports the freedom to marry, and all the rights, benefits, and responsibilities thereof, without discrimination based on sex, gender, or sexual orientation.
- We support state and federal legislation (including constitutional amendments) to ban discrimination based on sex, gender, and sexual orientation. We oppose measures that restrict rights or create unequal treatment based on sex, gender, or sexual orientation.
- We support the right of children to be cared for in loving homes, regardless of the sex, gender, sexual orientation, or marital status of the parents. We support the right of all persons to consideration for adoption and foster parenthood without regard to sex, gender, or sexual orientation.
- We support the right of LGBTIQ persons to receive education and health care, without discrimination, harassment, or violence based on sex, gender, or sexual orientation.
- We support the right of all people to self-determination with regard to gender identity and sex. We, therefore, support the right of Intersex and Transgender individuals to be free of coercion and involuntary assignment of gender or sex. We oppose involuntary medical or surgical treatment including the involuntary treatment of children to assign gender identity or sex. We support equal access to medical and surgical treatment for assignment or reassignment of gender or sex, based on informed consent.
- We oppose all forms of anti-LGBTIQ violence, and support legislation against all forms of hate crimes, including those directed against LGBTIQ people.
- We support the rights of artists and performers to free expression. We welcome art and performance that provokes thought and discussion of sex, gender, and sexual orientation.